Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Maycie






Maycie had been sick last Sunday with a fever but then felt better the next day. Then on Tuesday she started throwing up. She was still her happy mischievous self, but she couldn't keep anything down. Then on Wednesday we were getting worried so we took her to the dr.s. She told us to just give her pedalite. But by 5:00 that night she was still throwing up. So they told us to take her to the hospital so they could give her an IV so she didn't get dehydrated. We got to the hospital and I went with them so she could get the IV. Unfortunately she was very dehydrated and they couldn't get the iv in. It took them 2 hours, 4 doctors and about 15 needles till they finally got one in that would work. It was very sad. She would cry and cry but she had no tears. They took us back to her room and then started the liquids. They had put two bags of fluids in her and she still did not have a wet diaper. Usually kids will have a wet diaper after one, but she didn't. They said she was very dehydrated. It happened so fast just because she is so tiny. Luckily by the next afternoon she was doing better and they let us go home. She just had a yucky flu bug that got bad. Luckily she is doing wonderfully now and we are so glad that she is back to her happy self. Thanks so much for all your love and concern. These pictures are just a few at the hospital and then some when she was feeling better! Gotta love the hold she has on Dylan!

7 comments:

Brice said...

I'm SO glad that she is feeling better...it must be terrible when your kids are sick...I, unfortunately and obviously, wouldn't know...take care and I wanna go "Yard Sale-ing" with you on Saturday...Love, Brice

Kallee said...

That is so sad about Maycie. I am glad she is back to her "Mischevious" self. Didn't you say she learned that from an older brother or sister. Hopefully the rest of your family stays healthy. That makes me so sad to hear about the poking. How awful.

anjie said...

Glad she's feeling better! Hope no one else gets it!

LIZ said...

Poor baby! It's so hard to have sick kids. Wow! that is a lot of poking I feel so bad for her and you, I know how hard it is to watch you child be in pain. Hope you guys can stay healthy. Love ya.

spaceyhawks said...

I'm so glad to hear she is doing much better. I was really worried for her, and when April told me about all the needles it broke my heart. Give me a call when you get a chance and we can chat. Talk to you soon. ;-)

Brice said...

yeah...the camera works INSIDE but when I take it outside it doesn't work, the light is too much...but it will do until I can buy a new one...thank you!...what's the plan for Saturday???

Anonymous said...

Those pictures in the hospital look so sad! We were so worried about her and Dylan too!!!
I'm glad everyone is feeling better now. I can't wait to see you tomorrow! YAY!!!
Deklan is so excited to see Marlee too!!!
Love you!