Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Grand Family (title by Demmy)


This has been a great weekend!! It started out with the family piling on each other and just being silly! I guess their new thing is to see how high they can pile on each other. They wanted me to set Dylan on top, but I just couldn't do it quite yet! And of course I couldn't be in the pile because then who would take the picture?

Then on Wednesday night Danny's parents, Dan and Gayle (aka Grandma and Grandpa Polad) came down for a fun visit. They made it just in time to see Daniel's football game and Derrik's practice. Then of course they had to stop at In and Out. The next day they took us all out to eat at Golden Corral and then the next morning it was the big hike up the volcano. Grandma Gayle watched the 4 little ones and then Danny, Grandpa Polad, Daniel and Derrik went on the hike. I think the fun part had to be coming down.

This is Grandpa Polad sliding down the hill. Too bad I missed that one! It looks great!












Then on Saturday we were off to the Grand Canyon! That was amazing. If you haven't been or if it has been awhile since you last went, boy should you go! It was so beautiful! It only took about 2 1/2 hours and was so worth the drive (Of course Daniel, Derrik and Demmy rode with Grandma and Grandpa Polad most of the time and Maycie, Dylan and Marlee slept so maybe that was why I enjoyed the drive!!! JUST KIDDING KIDS). Danny made us all a wonderful picnic lunch and we just walked around and enjoyed the amazing canyon!





We also were able to see the Kaibab Squirrel. This Squirrel is only found at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. (make sure to ask Danny his story about the cute little squirrel with the white tail). It was awe inspiring to see Heavenly Father's magnificent creations
and to spend the day with our family! Thanks for visiting Grandma and Grandpa Polad! We love you!

10 comments:

Brice said...

Wow!...it looks pretty, um, grand...you really do have a "grand" family...you are all adorable!...

anjie said...

What a fun family.

The canyon looks cool. I need to get there someday. I get the quiet car thing! It is so relaxing, screaming kids are not.

RicAnn said...

Sounds like a fun filled weekend! I am so jealous. I don't think I've ever been to the Grand Canyon, it is now on my to do list.

Heidi said...

Grand Post! I agree Demmy you do have a GRAND & amazing Family. What fun times. I love the family pile!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Heidi, I love the family pile too!! It's really cute!
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
I have always wanted to go to the grand canyon, even after living in St George for about 4 years I still never went!
I love the family picture at the canyon too. Way cute.
By the way, Yes we are still coming. We'll be there Friday night. We can't wait to see you guys!

janice said...

Ditto I love the family pile. I'm excited to see everyone's blog here's ours. Janice
http://janicesbeejays.blogspot.com/

TJ and Shaylee Voss said...

It all looks like so much fun! I went to the grand canyon once, it was amazing!

Jazz Fan said...

It looks like some awesome times down south there. I miss hiking that volcano. It looks like it was a great time. Plus the grand canyon, i dont ever remember going there. we definitely need to go. Danny im still waiting for that story about that white tailed squirrel. Well we miss you guys!!!

LIZ said...

I've been to the Grand Canyon a few time but Damian and the girls have never got the chance to go. I guess well have to put that on our list of vacation spots.

Kallee said...

I need a copy of your pictures for the calendars. You are becoming quite the photographer. Keep up the awesome work.