Monday, March 31, 2008

HIke to volcano and Snow Canyon






Easter Weekend has become one of my new favorite Holiday's I've decided. After the Easter Egg Hunt (See posts below), we went on a hike to the volcano up in Diamond Valley. The last time that I had hiked the volcano was about 11 years ago when I was about 7 months pregnant with Daniel, our first child. So I guess it was about time I was hiking it again, being that I am 7 months pregnant with our last child. It was quite a hike but we all made it. In one picture with Daniel, Derrik, Demmy and Marlee their school is in the background! Grandpa and the boys went down the front, steep side of the volcano, while the girls and Danny(who carried Maycie the entire time) went down the safer way. I think Grandpa timed us and it only took us about 28 minutes longer to come the other way. Then on Sunday afternoon we went to the Snow Canyon Sanddunes. This use to be a Hawks cousin tradition. We rolled Easter Eggs, and got buried in the sand and then just walked and played in the sand. I almost forgot, it wouldn't be Easter Weekend without going to the Annual Arts Festival. That was lots of fun too, but I forgot to take my camera.

5 comments:

wangkhonghwee said...

Hello ! Buddy from Utah , nice to meet you.

From : WangKhongHwee ( Malaysia, South East Asia )

Anonymous said...

The hiking and warm weather looks really nice!!! I can't wait for the summer weather to make it up here!!!

RicAnn said...

That is too fun! I remeber all those weeks in St George with the cousins. What good memories! We need to make more :)

Jazz Fan said...

Wow im jealous!! i miss climbing the volcano and going to the sand dunes. I guess that is another reason we need to come down and see you guys asap. well we miss you guys!!! P.s. who was the person dressed up as the easter bunny? Grandma April never likes to dress up does she lol.

Heidi said...

How fun - it reminds me of all those time of us playing in the sand when we were that age. Time flies - wish we could be in the sun with you guys! Love your blog - it is so fun to see everyone - take care -Heidi