Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Big House!!!












This had to of been one of the funnest weekends ever! For Danny's Birthday, we decided to get tickets to the Michigan vs. Utah game at the "Big House" in Michigan. So the journey began on Thursday. We woke up at 5:00 in the morning and headed off to the airport. Of course everyone else was trying to get to Michigan for the big game too. These are just a few pictures of the boys waiting at the airport. After getting bumped about 3 or 4 times, we made it to Toledo Ohio at about 10:00 at night. We decided to get a hotel that night and then head out to the BEST AMUSEMENT PARK ever the next day! The park is called Cedar Point and is home to about every ride imaginable. As Danny said "You walk in fear the whole day scared what the next ride will be". The rides were so awesome. All I can say is that everyone needs to go there. Danny and Daniel went on a roller coaster that takes you straight up 400 feet in the air and then straight down at 120 mph! I tried to add a picture, but believe me it doesn't do it justice. It is the scariest ride I have ever seen and one I did not dare to go on.
The amusement park is also right on Lake Erie. That was also amazing to see. It was such a fun day. Then at about 8:00 at night we headed to my Cousin Heidi's house. Blake and Heidi were so great! I cannot even begin to tell you all how nice they were to us. Their house is amazing. They have remodeled it and it looks so good! Blake's parents also came in for the game and they were so much fun! Daniel and Derrik had the best time hanging out with Hayden. He shared his room with them and was just awesome. Dylan also loved meeting his new cousin Henry. They are only about a month apart in age. Henry is such a cutie! We stayed up late talking and then woke up the next morning and had an amazing breakfast and then we were off to the Big HOUSE!







The stadium was amazing. I think it holds about 110,000 people. We were tiny red dots in a sea of yellow, but the Michigan fans were very nice. The game was great and of course Utah won. We had gotten our tickets off of ebay and amazingly enough, Heidi and Blake's were just a few rows from ours. After the game Blake showed us the campus and then took us to a store where I could buy a few Michigan souviners. Then we went back to Heidi and Blakes and had the BEST ribs ever. Blake's dad made the ribs and I still have dreams about them. They were so yummy. Unfortunatly our amazing trip had to come to an end. We left the next morning at 5:00 am Michigan time and didn't get home till 9:30 p.m Utah time, but it was all worth it. We had such a great time and just want to tell Heidi and Blake Thanks again! They are the BEST!



6 comments:

Heidi said...

I did not know it was Danny's Birthday - which day? We could have had a cake with the ice cream! You are so on top of it! Seeing the pictures gets me motivated to blog mine - well, yours since we forgot the camera at the game. :) We had a lot of fun - it was great to have all of you and to catch up too! I wish it could have been for longer. I can't believe I did not even hear you guys get up and leave. I woke up and looked at the clock and it was 8:05 - I ran down cuz I thought - oh crap.... we all slept in and they missed their flight. But you guys were gone. I have to admit - I was sad :(. Everything was folded so nicely - you didn't have to do that. But I was mad you were so quiet and that I did not wake up to say good bye and give you a hug. I thought for sure I would have heard you guys. I must have been tired from all the festivities and the late late night before! It was great to have you guys - you are always welcome! The kids are still taking about your kids - everyone of them! WE WILL HAVE TO DO A TRIP TOGETHER SOMETIME - TONS OF FUN!!!

Heidi said...

Hey you - I can't find where i put your email and I am missing some of the pictures from when you were here. Would you mind sending me a couple? I don't know why, but we don't have all of them where I can find them. email me syrdance@yhaoo.com Thanks a bunch!

Kallee said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I am so jealous of the amusement park. When can we go? I am glad that your finally updated your blog. I look often to see if it is updated yet. See you....Hopefully next weekend.....

spaceyhawks said...

Holy crap that ride looks unreal!!! I so want to go, we are definatly planning a trip. Those pictures of the boys in the airport were cracking me up. I am way jealous of the football game too. You guys need to come up and go with me and Josh to a Utah game. I'm going out to buy me some RED!!!! ;-)Love ya!

TJ and Shaylee Voss said...

That looks like fun! That ride looks awesome! The baby is so cute and getting big, hopefully we will get to see you guys next week!

Jazz Fan said...

Wow, that trip looked like so much fun. I love amusement parks, and then to go to the big house, and then to have Utah beat Michigan, wow what a weekend. I was jealous lol! im glad you guys had a lot of fun. i miss you guys alot. I cant wait to see you guys soon. We definitely need to go back there soon.