Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Demmy's Baptism WOW!!





I know that everyone is amazed that I have finally posted again. I really don't know what happened. I would always think to myself"I really need to blog" but never did. Then Derrik said "No -you know what happened-You have six kids". That is very true that they do keep me very busy, but that is no excuse for not blogging. So I am going to try and not get so far behind and keep on blogging. (Besides I really hate being at the bottom of everyone's list of blogs!!!!)

Okay so this post is really going to be all about our adorable daughter DEMMY ARIANNA!
Demmy turned 8 years old on January 10. She was baptized on January 31 and confirmed on February 1. Demmy was baptized and confirmed by Danny. It was fun to see because he dunked her way under!! It was one of the best weekends ever! Lots of our amazing Families came down to help us enjoy this great event. We were so grateful for the sacrifices that they all made to get here! I know it was a long ways to come for some and not having a car or money makes it even harder so I just want you all to know how much we love you! The day started with Pancakes in the shape of an eight and ended with Demmy getting her ears pierced.

This is Great Grandma Faye talking to Demmy. Demmy loves her so much and loves doing stamps with her every Tuesday. I think Demmy might get her eagle when Daniel and Derrik Do!!!!!(Just kidding Boys! I love you!)

Here is all of the family. I always say that it is nearly impossible to have 8 people all smile and have their eyes open all at the same time! I think I was actually just happy that all of the kids would stand together for this picture.


Here is a group picture. Our family that was there were: Grandma and Grandpa Hawks, Great Grandma Hawks, Grandma and Grandpa Polad, Josh, Traci and Ian, Brandi, Heston, Decklin, Dalin and Kate, Kallee, Chad, Moises and Jay, Ryan, Megan, Torstan and Bryson, Terry and Brice. My camera of course would not take a picture when everyone was standing together and smililing so I just hurried and took this one when everyone was starting to move. (Danny is in the process of asking me if I got a good picture!!!)

This is the beautiful baptism girl in her brand new dress that Grandma April made for her. She felt (and looked) like a princess and didn't want to take the dress off! Demmy was the very first one to be baptized in our brand new Stake Center in Diamond Valley. There were 5 other kids baptized that day too.

This is Daniel trying to watch Dylan while Derrik takes a picture.

Grandma and Grandpa Polad came down to share this special day with us. They had to come in a rental car, but that didn't stop them! They also gave Demmy her very first Book of Mormon which she treasures! She reads every morning in her new scriptures and just loves them!

My boys just hanging out. We arrived at the Stake Center very first and were about 40 minutes early. We were very excited. It was such a great weekend and we were so happy to spend time with all of our amazing family. Thanks so much for being apart of our lives. We love you all so much and couldn't do it without you! And Demmy you truly are the best! We love you so much and are so glad you decided to get baptized!

8 comments:

Kallee said...

I loved reading yoru blog. Way to go Demmy. I am glad we were a part of that special day. You looked beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I agree, Demmy looked GORGEOUS! I can't believe that April made that dress for her.
What a long and crazy weekend that was. We sure had a great time with you guys.
Kate and Demmy are earring buddies for life now! Kate still loves her "pretty ears"
How are Demmy's doing??
We miss you guys already!
Love you!

Traci said...

Hey Monica it was so fun to see your family again! I am so glad to see you blog! Your kids are getting so big and they are DARLING! This makes me miss you guys though. Our blog is jensens7.blogspot.com. We are going to be coming home from California and in St George on the 21st maybe we will say hi if you guys arent busy.

anjie said...

Demmy looks great! Congrats to her.

RicAnn said...

Wow, I can't believe she is 8!!! Congrats Demmy. That is so exciting. And to have all the family there that is fun :)

anjie said...

Hi! I have to tell you that was extremely RARE! That is why I posted it. Most FHE's are all about surviving.

LIZ said...

Congrats Demmy, what a special day! You looked so beautiful in your dress.

benallredfamily said...

Oh my, I cant believe you bloged!! Ha Ha just kidding. You have seen mine. It has been forever. I love seeing all of you. I am so sorry we didnt make it for Demmy's baptism. We love you guys and it looks like you ar all doing so good.

Autumn